Garlic & Herb Slow Cooker Pork and Vegetables
--- advertisement ---
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 8 mini golden potatoes, quartered
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Smithfield Marinated Fresh Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin (about 23 ounces)
- 1 lemon, halved
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- Place carrots, potatoes, and onions in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, garlic and salt over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place pork on top of the vegetables.
- Add lemon to the slow cooker and pour chicken broth over everything.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- I don’t think that broccoli cooks well in the slow cooker because it gets mushy. Instead, I prefer to steam my broccoli separately so that it’s just crisp-tender, and then stir it into the pot at the end of the cooking time. As an alternative, you can stir the raw broccoli into the slow cooker during the final 1 hour of cooking time so that it has an opportunity to cook with the rest of the dish, but it doesn’t become overcooked.
- Slice pork loin just before serving.