This is How Your Brain Physically Changes with the Regular Consumption of Whole Turmeric…
If you introduce turmeric to your everyday diet, you will provide your body with more than 600 health benefits. This miraculous spice will provide positive effects to your body and your overall health.
The wide plethora of health benefits and healing properties are mostly due to its active compound called curcumin. Besides all of that, the regular consumption of turmeric will also help with the brain regeneration. However, the curcumin does not attribute this ability!
--- advertisement ---
Health Benefits of Turmeric
- The turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The turmeric is able to offer these amazing properties due to the curcumin and its ability to inhabit molecules that are known for their major role in inflammation. Besides that it also neutralizes free radicals.
- Besides fighting against degenerative processes in the brain, the turmeric also stimulates the growth of new neurons due to its ability to increase the levels of the brain hormone BDNF.
- Since it improves a few risk factors for heart disease, the turmeric reduces the risk of getting heart disease.
- It helps prevent and treat cancer.
- It is able to fight off your depression since it boosts the levels of the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine.
- It fights against age-related conditions due to its ability to delay the aging process.
An Overlooked Benefit of Turmeric
Even though it is often overlooked, the turmeric contains a fat-soluble compound called aromatic-turmerone. German researchers have thoroughly studied the effects of aromatic-turmerone on neutral stem cells.
According to the German researchers, when exposed to aromatic-turmerone the number of neutral stem cells is increased by 80 percent. In other words, a healing effect is happening.
They also did this experiment on rats and managed to create healthy new brain cells. They also noticed a size growth in both subventricular zone and the hippocampus.
You can aid NSCs in brain regeneration and help in cases of degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s or stroke since the aromatic-turmerone is a potent regenerative.
Besides being able to promote stem cell proliferation, the aromatic-turmerone is also able to distinguish stem cells and neurons, which is the main goal of regenerative medicine.
However, it is widely known that the curcumin is able to boost the overall memory of Alzheimer’s patients.
What does this mean?
Even though many people believe that by consuming curcumin extract you are going to gain all of the health benefits of turmeric, but that is not the case. You will provide your body with many healing properties only if you use whole turmeric.
For example, if you use extract instead of using the whole plant in cases of polyps or colonic inflammation, the extract might be absorbed by the small intestine before reaching the large intestine.
It is important to state that the effects of aromatic-turmerone are still not fully understood and more research needs to be done. However, this recent study shows that there is a regenerative factor within.
Every healing plant consist many beneficial compounds. Right now we cannot assume which one of them contributes to the healing powers of turmeric.
If you want to get the most of this plant, you will have to consume whole turmeric since both curcumin and aromatic-turmerone are found to have health benefits that contribute to your body and your overall health.