All You Need Are 12 Minutes in a Day to Have Irresistible Legs
The summer season is upon us, but it is high time to stop hiding your legs in jeans and sweatpants, and that is why we will provide you with the ultimate workout, and believe us, it is the best one you will find.
If you are one of those people who think that the exercise is just for those people who have much more time on their hands, then you are absolutely wrong! Think again, you can tone your legs with exercise that lasts just 10 minutes, which means there will be no more excuses for your flabby legs.
--- advertisement ---
You can easily pick up on these exercises and put them in your schedule. You can pick the right ones for your physical condition, and after a while, enjoy wearing your favorite summer dress.
Believe us, the leg exercises can do wonders for you! Your legs are the ones that are supporting your entire body so they need to be very strong. The proper workout for the legs will increase your stability, reduce the risk of muscle injuries, and a higher balance of course means a hotter balance and a better appearance.
The muscles in your legs are very big, so this means when you engage them, you work on a very big part of your body. If you want to do this workout, you should have a better focus and definitely more energy. This is all because your heart is obliged to work a bit harder.
This means you will also burn more calories, meaning the leg work will make you lose some weight too!
Furthermore, you should also build strong legs in order to prevent pain in the lower back, because this is the part of the body which is directly connected to the limbs. The leg workout will make you more flexible, and this is why the athletes are able to move a whole lot easier. It will prevent you from any spontaneous injuries.
This is why there is the ultimate leg work which you can do in the comfort of your own home! The key for success is of course the consistency, because your legs need to get used to the routine.
Remember to stretch out your legs prior to the workout in order to get the maximum out of your evercise. There are some exercises that you can do in the comfort of your own home and they will take up only 10 minutes of your time!
Workout for butt and thighs
- First, rear lunge – 60 sec, lean a bit forward on your front leg, then come back down and bring your knee as low as possible, balance your weight, squeeze your buttocks
- Lunge pulse – 30 sec, lunge position, do up ‘n’ down bounce, keep your body low, straighten your torso
- Rear lunge (switch sides) – 60 sec, repeat
- Lunge pulse (switch side) – 30 sec, repeat
- Do double dip squats – 1 min, keep feet shoulder with width apart, do a deep squat containing two pulses, bring your body up and then repeat
- Static squats – 30 sec, do a low squat, hold your body in this position
- Squat pulses – 30 sec, do a low squat, engage our body in an up ‘n’ down pulse, keep your body low
This workout will help you melt your love handles and carve your abs.
- Static squat torso twists – 60 sec, do a quarter squat, rotate your shoulders, while keeping your hips and legs still, engage the obliques, add speed
- Jumping and oblique twists – 60 sec, jump, twist by moving your hips and shoulders in the opposite directions while jumping, stick your hands together, and elevate your arms
- Side hip raises – 30 sec per side, start off with your elbow and knee, bounce your hip up and down
- Jumping with oblique twists – 60 sec, repeat
- Russian twist – 60 sec, bring your body in a sit-up position, rotate your shoulders, set your arms in the front, and don’t rely on them, bring your chest towards the ceiling
- Jumping oblique twist – 60 sec, repeat
- Reclined oblique twists – 30 sec per side, sit, and keep your back about 6 inches off the ground, elevate your leg, and bring your opposite arm to the outer part of your foot, stabilize your body with your other arm
- Jumping oblique twists – 60 sec, repeat
The ultimate leg workout for toned and strong calves and thighs
- Wide squat with feet turned out – 30 sec, keep your feet wider, do some regular squat, make sure you squeeze your glutes as you stand up
- Tiptoe squat – 30 sec, do regular squats, elevate your body on your tip-toes and squeeze the glutes
- Alternating side lunges – 30 sec, lunge on one side, bring your body as low as possible
- Lateral lifting of the legs – 30 sec per leg, stand on one leg and keep your other leg off of the ground, keep your hands on your hips, elevate and lower your body
- Bridge pulses – 30 sec, keep your back flat on the ground, do a triangle with your legs, and engage your abs, elevate the pelvis, keep it high, then bring it down
- Bridge and static hold – 30 sec, support your body from the shoulders and tiptoes, keep the pelvis up, and hold it in this position, hold your body in a straight line
- Modified bridge – 30 sec, set your body in the previous position, move your knees from side to side
- Two foot calf raises – 20 sec, stand straight, roll on the “balls” of your both feet
- Single leg squat – 30 sec per leg, stand on one leg, and bring your other leg forward, keep your chest straight, and keep your hands in front of you, lower your body on the legs, as if you are doing a squat
- Wide squat with feet raises – 30 sec, keep your legs wide as if you do a squat, bring your body as low as possible, elevate your body, and support the weight on the “balls” of your feet
- Modified wide squat with holds and pulse – 15 sec, do a wide squat on your tip-toes, hold for 15 seconds, pulse on your tip-toes, hold your body in this position for 5 seconds, pulse for 15 sec
We hope that with the help of these exercises soon you will have the body of your dreams. Enjoy those summer days and enjoy your body too!