20-Minute Meal: Linguine with Clam Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams, drained, juice reserved
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley, plus additional for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ pound of linguine
- Cook linguine just until al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and onions until softened – about 2 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup reserved clam juice, wine, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat and cook on low for about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked linguine, clams, and parsley to the skillet. Add salt, to taste. Simmer for about 5 more minutes, until sauce is mostly absorbed.
- Serve with Parmesan on top.
Recipe slightly adapted from Disneyfamily.com.
--- advertisement ---