Fannie’s Easy Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets (or 3 10.8-ounce bags of frozen broccoli florets)
1 large onion, diced (I used 1 cup of frozen diced onion as a shortcut)
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (NOT diluted)
½ cup mayonnaise
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 (6 ounce) box stuffing mix (I used a 6-ounce box of Stove Top Chicken Flavored Stuffing)
4 tablespoons butter
--- advertisement ---
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Steam broccoli in a large pot for about 4-5 minutes, or until crisp-tender (you can also do this in the microwave for about 3 minutes per frozen bag of florets).
- In a blender, combine eggs, onion, condensed soup, and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Arrange half of the steamed broccoli in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of the broccoli and pour half of the soup mixture over top. Repeat the layers with the remaining broccoli, cheese, and soup mixture.
- Prepare stuffing mix (according to package instructions). Spoon stuffing over top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 40-45 minutes, or until browned on top and heated through.