Irresistible Fried Banana Chocolate Bites
Makes 9 bites
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
--- advertisement ---
- 3 bananas
- chocolate hazelnut spread
- peanut butter
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut the very top and bottom off of each banana. Cut each banana into 3 equal pieces, but leave the peel attached.
- Using a paring knife, hollow out a small cylinder of banana from both ends of each piece of banana.
- Using the end of a spoon, fill the resulting holes with chocolate hazelnut spread or peanut butter. Repeat the process with the remaining banana pieces, then remove their peels and set them aside.
- Take the filled pieces of banana and roll them first in the flour, then in the beaten egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs. Make sure the banana pieces are evenly and completely coated with breading, otherwise the filling will come out while you’re frying them.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl and set it aside.
- Heat the oil to 375°F/190°C and fry the filled and breaded banana pieces, a few at a time, until they’re golden brown.
- Let the fried bananas cool slightly until you can touch them, then roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture and serve warm.
Tell the truth, did these fried chocolate peanut butter banana bites blow your mind? Are you going to take them to a party, or eat them as a midnight snack?