Easy 5-ingredient lemon cheesecake
This lemon cheesecake is super easy to bake and only uses five ingredients! It’s the perfect dessert for summer celebrations and is a lovely and light way to finish a meal. It’s a little different from the traditional cheesecake in that it uses a packet-mix vanilla cake to cut down on preparation time and bring that super fluffy texture to the finished cake.
--- advertisement ---
While it may sound odd, it’s definitely delicious! Cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon curd help create that classic creamy and zesty filling that really is hard to beat on a hot day. While cheesecakes can sometimes be a little fussy, this version is beginner level and should be a piece of cake — pardon the pun — for even the most cautious of bakers.
If you’re making it for a special occasion, pipe extra icing on top, decorate with fruit or even assemble some edible flowers on top for a pretty finish.
- 470g packet moist vanilla cake with icing
- 2 eggs
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- 1/3 cup icing sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a cake pan by greasing it with butter and lining the sides with baking paper.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, 125g cream cheese and 1/4 cup water for 2 minutes with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked through.
- Stand for 5 minutes then place onto a wire rack with the top of the cake facing up.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to create deep holes in the top of the cake; they should be around 2cm apart.
- Leave the cake to cool completely.
- While it is cooling beat remaining cream cheese until fluffy and then add the lemon curd; beat until combined.
- Pipe the mixture into holes and stand for 2 minutes.
- Spread the top of the cake with the remaining cream cheese mixture and put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the icing sugar, and 1 tablespoon hot water until smooth.
- Spread over the top of cake return to the fridge for 20 minutes.
- The cake is now ready to serve.