Ashwagandha – Against Stress
Ashwagandha is a unique herb with adaptogenic and anti-stress features. This means that it helps the mind and the body to copewith everyday stress. It is also capable to protect us from the negative influence.
It feeds and improves the function of the nervous system and helps to maintain freshness during stressful situations. Itimproves the physical and mental health and is excellent for people who are exposed to great physical and mental efforts.
--- advertisement ---
It has a calming effect on the body, but it also gives physical strength, energy and wakefulness unlike the sedatives. It is ideal for recovery after illness and chronic fatigue.
Composition and properties
Ashwagandha is also known as Indian ginseng and improves the vitality and physical stamina. This comprehensive Ayurvedic tonic strengthens and balances the body’s organs and systems, helps in thefight against mental, emotional and physical stress, improves concentration, memory and physical fitness.
Its active ingredientsare more than 20 vitanol A, and most of the biological activities of this plant are attributed to wit haferin A. It has been used as a natural food supplement against stress for thousands of years.
The name of the ashwagandha in Latin is Withaniasomnifera or “the one who delivers a dream” because of its beneficial properties to the mind and body, which contribute to good sleep. Its name in Sanskrit consists of two words: “ashwa” — horse and “Gandhi” — plant, meaning “one who is vital and powerful as a horse.”
Because of the modern lifestyle, the stress levels in our society are constantly growing. If we carry the heavy burden of stress, we would feel like when a nuclear reactor works over the allowed power.
Sooner or later, something will break, and you will suffer tremendously. Scientific research supports the effect of ashwagandha in removing stress and its contribution in protecting brain cells against dangerous outcomes caused by our fast and modern lifestyle.
Indications: general fatigue and lack of energy, weakness in the muscles and tissues, fatigue, insomnia,sexual weakness, spermatorrhoea, infection, nervous exhaustion, memory loss, premature aging, thinness in children, paralysis, multiple sclerosis, eye weakness, rheumatism, arthritis, skin diseases, cough, dyspnoea, anemia, circulatory disorder, digestive problems, infertility, swollen glands, and thyroid hormone disorders, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism.
This plant can be beneficial for:
Due to the high value of its ingredients, ashwagandha has the following benefits:
- A powerful anti-stressor — eliminates the effects of stress, excellent adaptogenic — strengthens the resistance to stress and helps the body to cope with stressful situations, adapting it to various unfavorable conditions (cold, heat, stress, physical and mental efforts, thirst, hunger, lack of oxygen and even radiation), calms anxiety and stress, nourishes and strengthens the nervous system, establishes a calm mind, raises the tone of the whole organism and gives it balance.
- Balances hormones and the endocrine system, helps with hypothyroidism, and with hyperthyroidism.
- Helps in the prevention and treatment of a variety of stress-related illnesses: arteriosclerosis, high blood pressure, premature aging, diabetes, hypertension, malignancy, anxiety and depression.
- It has sedating properties, gives a peaceful, healthy and deep sleep, and it also helps with insomnia…
- Increases vitality and physical stamina, stops aging and activates the anabolic processes…
- Feeds all tissues, especially the muscles, bone marrow, bones, joints, strengthens the cardiovascular system, and it is particularly suited for theVata constitution.
- Excellent aphrodisiac, good for sexual organs, helps restore hormonal system.
- Encourages fertility, emphasizes reproductive hormones and increases sexual power, it is used for treating male infertility and impotence, and it is strengthening the female reproductive system.
- It is used to fix various sexual disorders in men and women.
- It is an excellent food for pregnant women, strengthens the fetus (it is necessary to consult a physician before use).
- It is recommended to athletes for faster recovery after exertion and after injuries.
- Helps the healing of tissues, removes chronic fatigue and helps in the treatment of tissue acidosis.
- Strengthens the mind, improves memory, concentration and understanding new things.
- Good for nerve and mental diseases and epilepsy.
- Prevents premature formation of climacteric and Parkinson’s disease.
- Excellent in strengthening the immune system without stimulating the body reserves.
- It has powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties and is good for the treatment of rheumatic conditions and arthritis. It is useful in bronchitis, inflammation and infection of the fungus Candida.
- Deeply penetrates into the tissue and cleans the impurities, detoxifies the body, enhances blood circulation and metabolism, stimulates digestion and clears mucus.
- It is useful in the treatment of asthma, andit is used before getting an asthma attack.
- It is recommended for chemotherapy and radiation.
- Reduces the high level of Vata, and increases Kapha and Pitta.
Chemical analyzes have shown that the ashwagandha is a mine of minerals and valuable substances such as calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, cobalt, copper, vanadium, Vita-lactones, phenolic components and tannins, flavonoids, proteins and free amino acids, saponin , glycosides, alkaloids.
Ashwagandha is recommended for heart diseases, which are accompanied by a strong heartbeat, sensation of pauses in the work of the heart, pressure in the chest, pain in the heart, insomnia, breathing difficulties, dry cough and constipation.
It can remove dark circles and can make you get rid of the fear, worry, anxiety, and sometimes can even prevent fainting. It is believed that the ashwagandha herbis one of the best plants for clarity, alertness and feeding the mind.
The ashwagandha root extract is usually packed in capsules. It is recommended to take one capsule twice a day, in the morning and evening, half an hour before meals. It can be taken with ginger tea since it helps with the absorption.
It gives remarkable results when it is taken together with brahmi. If you consume it with milk, the ashwagandha significantly increases the level of life energy in the body.
It is recommended to make a break for 10 days after every 3 months of use. It does not cause addiction.