Delicious three-ingredient apricot balls
The recipe is a classic that is synonymous with school fetes and markets. It’s the perfect summer treat with ingredients including dried apricots, honey and tropical coconut.
--- advertisement ---
The recipe only has three ingredients and is super easy to make! If you are having guests over or perhaps even the grandkids, these bite-size treats will have them coming back for more.
They are also a great treat for school lunches. Make sure you store them in an air-tight container in the fridge to protect it from the summer heat.
It’s lao a much healthier version than most as it does not use any condensed milk, but rather honey instead to bind the mixture. The great thing is, if you can’t get through all your apricot balls in one week they are okay to freeze and take out at a later date.
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Mix the dried apricots, honey and 1/4 cup of coconut into a food processor.
- When the mixture begins to cling together and form a dough remove from the food processor.
- Use wet hands to roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Once you have rolled all the mixture into balls, coat them with remaining coconut.
- Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving.