Dump-and-Bake Chicken Marinara Gnocchi
- 2 ½ cups (23 ounce jar) marinara sauce
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken (about ½ of a rotisserie chicken)*
- 1 (16 ounce) package mini gnocchi (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic**
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray an 8- or 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together marinara sauce and chicken broth until smooth. Stir in chicken, gnocchi, and garlic.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove dish from the oven, stir, and taste one of the gnocchi. It should be tender and just about done (if it’s still too hard, put the dish back in the oven for a few more minutes). Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan over top of the dish, and return to the oven for 5 more minutes, or until gnocchi is tender and cheese is browned on top.
--- advertisement ---