Gluten-free scrumptious raspberry coconut slice
Who knew gluten-free could taste so good! This delicious recipes takes the traditional raspberry coconut slice and adds a gluten-free twist. Bursting with flavour, this incredible recipe includes a coconut mixture, layered with a delicious raspberry topping, sprinkled with shredded coconut.
--- advertisement ---
The best part is, it’s super easy to whip up and is a handy recipe to have on-hand for those gluten-intolerant visitors. Make a batch and store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- 1 tsp orange rind, finely grated
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 350g frozen raspberries
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- Place orange rind and juice, lemon juice, 3/4 cup sugar and 250g raspberries in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, stirring every minute for 4 minutes.
- Then, microwave, stirring half-way through, for further 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a heatproof bowl.
- Add remaining raspberries to mixture. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 16cm x 26cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine coconut and buckwheat flour with remaining sugar in large bowl.
- Make a well. Add butter, egg and milk. Stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture over base of prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place eggs whites, coconut and remaining sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spread hot slice with raspberry mixture.
- Top with coconut mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.