Dump-and-Bake Salsa Chicken
- 1 (14.4 ounce) bag frozen corn kernels (about 3 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (I like to use a squeeze bottle of fresh minced garlic from the produce section for a shortcut)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a large (9 x 13-inch) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the prepared dish, stir together frozen corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, ½ cup of salsa, garlic, and cumin.
- Place chicken on top of corn mixture. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour remaining ½ cup of salsa over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F. The total length of cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Remove chicken from dish and slice (or shred with two forks). Return to dish, stir to combine, and serve.
--- advertisement ---