Scrumptious sweet potato pie
Nothing compares to a delicious melt-in-the-mouth pastry, and this sweet potato pie is a fantastic mid-week dinner option the whole family will enjoy.
--- advertisement ---
Easy to whip up, this incredible recipe is made up of a delicious sweet potato mixture, filled with crumbled feta, chickpeas and fresh coriander.
This sweet potato pie works great on its own or paired with a side of veggies and salad. Add a dollop of Greek yogurt and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and zap in the microwave before serving — great for unexpected visitors.
- 700g orange sweet potato, peeled, roughly chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Grease a baking pan.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place potato on prepared tray. Spray with oil.
- Sprinkle with ground coriander and cumin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then leave for 20 minutes.
- Roughly mash chickpeas in large bowl.
- Add potato, chopped coriander, lemon juice and pine nuts. Stir to combine, then stir in feta.
- Place one filo sheet on flat surface. Spray with oil. Top with another filo sheet.
- Leaving a two centimetre boarder, spoon one-third of potato mixture along one long edge. Roll up to enclose filling.
- Starting at centre of pan, arrange filo roll, seam-side down, in a coil shape.
- Repeat process using 1/2 remaining potato mixture to make another roll.
- Add roll to pan, continuing to create a large coil shape and pressing to secure and fit in pan.
- Repeat one more time with remaining filo and filling.
- Spray with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.