- 1 celeriac (mine was 600 g / 21 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp smoky paprika
- coarse sea salt
- ketchup, to serve (optional)
- Set the oven to 200° C / 390° F fan function (that’s important, but if you don’t have this function increase the temperate by 20° C / 70° F) and line a baking tray with a piece of baking paper.
- Top and tail your celeriac and peel it with a speed peeler.
- Cut the peeled celeriac in half and then cut each half into approx. 1 cm / 0.5″ thick slices.
- Cut each slice into approx. 1 cm / 0.5″ thick batons.
- Place the celeriac batons in a large bowl and coat in 1 tbsp of olive oil and smoky paprika. Hold off with salt until the chips have been baked.
- Place the celeriac chips on the baking tray in a single layer making sure there is a bit of space around each chip.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. After the time is up, remove the tray from the oven and carefully flip each fry to the other side and bake for another 10 minutes, until the tops are nicely blistered and lightly charred in places.
- Sprinkle with salt and consume immediately.
--- advertisement ---